Monday, June 29, 2009

There is Joy in my Heart! <3

Yes, there is JOY in my heart!

Well, I've had my surgery. It's been a week today. I'm doing really good, I think. I did have a really, REALLY bad night last night, but I've been better today and I'm "mentally" better today. If you've ever had chronic pain, you know what I mean by being "mentally" better. Chronic pain just works on your mind. It makes you angry, sad, and everything is always so overwhelming. Today, I feel like things are gonna be OK again.

One thing that really helped was that my wonderful husband hired two women to come "deep clean" my house. Until I got hurt, my house was never this dirty. But when you get to where you can't even sweep or vacuum the floor without stopping to rest to let the pain ease, you just do what you can do to keep things decent and let the rest go. You have to. But it bothered me so much to have my house "not clean" the way I wanted it clean. Today, they cleaned and it has just lifted my spirits tremendously!!! So, thank you baby! He also bought me some sunflowers to go with my calla lilies that I grew in my flower garden. He knows I love sunflowers. He loves me! And I just ADORE him!!! He's the best.
Another reason my spirits are lifted is that the kids bought me a baby puppy for my birthday. She is the sweetest thing. Her name is Sassy Bella and she is a maltipoo! She has the sweetest nature. I love her already. She will be so much company to me. I get so lonely sitting here night after night with no one to talk to. I'm not used to that. I'm used to having to be somewhere with the kids or having my husband here with me. Now that he is in the Coast Guard and she is getting ready to leave for college (and is never here) and my husband started working nights, I was just lost. I was just so lonely. But Bella is helping this a lot!

I started back working today too! Granted, I am working from home, but I AM WORKING and USING MY BRAIN! =} I'm going to work from home at least this week and next week and maybe the next. I'm not going to jeopardize my surgery... THIS SURGERY HAS TO BE SUCCESSFUL!!!

Oh! I've also got all our travel plans made for Brian's graduation on July 24th - flights, rental car, hotel, EVERYTHING!!! THIS makes me SMILE!!! Semper Paratus!

7 comments:

Travis Cody said...

This is all terrific news! I'm so happy for you!

And that pup sure is cute.

Take care my dear!

Shayla said...

Can I just come move in???

I love cleaning! If you were near by I would've cleaned your house for you. I LOVE sunflowers they're so big and cheerful you can't help but smile when looking at them, and I WANT A MALTI POO!!!!!!!!! (I'm pretty jealous of you right now) Sassy Bella is SO cute...Lee wants a big dog :-( so I may never get my malti poo!!!

YAY for graduation!!! I can't believe tomorrow starts JULY!!! 24 more days!!! I think that's awesome that you are going, I wish I could!!! My mom and I are looking into it, but as of now we might not be able to go :-( Take LOTS of pictures please!!!

Mama Vedo said...

Heck yeah! Come right on! LOL!!!

Our flights weren't that bad. We're going Southwest from Nashville to Philly and it's only $176 round trip! We're renting a car and driving half way to Cape May and staying at the Holiday Inn in Vineland. The rooms are around $96/night, but compared to Cape May, that's dirt cheap!!! Their big tourist season starts the weekend of graduation so the rates around Cape May are $200 and up - WAAAAAY UP! We're flying into Philly Thursday morning so we'll have about half a day to sight-see and then we'll drive about 40 miles Friday morning to Cape May for graduation. We'll pick up Brian and then we fly home Saturday evening at 6 PM so we'll have all that day to be "tourists". =} They do make fantastic videos and sell them at graduation. We're going to buy one because my parents can't go. But I will also take tons of pictures!!! =}

If you go, let me know! I would love to meet you!

Brian's aunt and uncle are both in the Coast Guard and his Aunt Cheri is flying in from Washington state to present Brian with his diploma!!! I am SOOOOOOOOOOO GOING TO BE BAWLING MY EYES OUT!!!! =}

Mama Vedo said...

Thanks, Travis!!!!

Shayla said...

Hey I just read this comment (I was camping all weekend so I didnt check :S)

How do you get permission to take brian home with you? On the site it says they have their own travel agent that sets their home flights up

Mama Vedo said...

Well, dear, I'm not sure. His Aunt Cheri just told me that I needed to get him a ticket so I did. I guess I need to call her back and check! LOL! Where did you see that on the site?

Shayla said...

I just remember seeing it lol not sure where, but Lee called me from the travel agents office and booked a flight, and then i boooked the same one :)