Sunday, March 30, 2008

A new piece of the puzzle...


I have a new nephew. His name is Evan and he is one of the most beautiful babies I have ever seen! He was sent here to us at a special time. I'll write about that later, but not now.

Today, I got to hold Evan. I fed him. I talked to him. I watched him completely enjoy being the center of attention. I cherished all of this, but what I cherished the most was the time when I comforted him and he went to sleep on my shoulder. He snuggled my neck like only a sleepy little baby can do. He fought sleep for just a few minutes, but sleep won. And then, I just held him while he slept. Holding a sleeping baby who has complete and total trust in you is just the most awesome feeling. He was loved and he knew it. He was safe and he knew it. He trusted me to take care of him, and I did.

Evan is a joy. He is a healing for a family who is hurting. Evan is a miracle and gives us the promise of hope for the future.

I love that baby.

No comments: